Conor Maynard breaks social media silence after being named as dad of The Traitors star’s baby

Conor Maynard
Conor Maynard has returned to social media, announcing: ‘I guess I can finally tell you..’ (Picture: Erik Pendzich/REX/Shutterstock)

Conor Maynard has broken his social media silence for the first time after being named as the father of The Traitors star Charlotte Chilton’s baby.

Earlier this month, Charlotte, who appeared on the second series of Claudia Winkleman’s murder mystery gameshow, confirmed that she is expecting her first child, a baby girl, and Conor is the dad.

In an exclusive interview with Metro.co.uk, she told us she met Conor, 31, at a nightclub on the night the final of The Traitors aired, with winner Harry Clark – who is dating Conor’s younger sister Anna – involved in setting them up together.

‘I’m doing this on my own. I don’t need him. I don’t need his money. I would only want him involved if he wanted to be,’ Charlotte told us.

Conor hasn’t addressed the reports since Charlotte named him in an Instagram video, and she previously said that she had not been contacted by him.

However, he’s now posted on social media for the first time since.

Charlotte on The Traitors
Charlotte Chilton revealed her pregnancy earlier this year, confirming that Conor is the dad (Picture: BBC)

Though he didn’t address the baby news, Conor did confess a secret to his fans about an upcoming single.

He teased the music he’d been working on, saying: ‘I guess I can finally tell you.. July 5th.’

Fans were more distracted by the ongoing speculation, with @divatemper writing: ‘but when are you going to address that your a baby daddy????’

‘I’d address the baby issue first Connor,’ @samantha_hodgson86 said.

Conor Maynard
Conor has not addressed the baby news (Picture: Dave Benett/Getty Images for Ixchel)
Charlotte Chilton
Charlotte is preparing to welcome her ‘miracle baby’ (Picture: Brett D. Cove / SplashNews.com)

Charlotte previously told Metro.co.uk that Conor was ‘lovely’ about the news she was expecting when she first told him, however, over time, she felt his tone change and progressive conversations worsened, in Charlotte’s opinion, as Conor expressed that he was not ready to be a dad.

‘The minute I started talking about co-parenting and being understanding of his work schedule, he obviously was a bit disappointed that I was doing that,’ she continued, sharing that she sent him pictures of her 12-week scan.

‘I messaged “Feel free to respond whenever you’re ready” as I was annoyed at that point,’ she said.

Up Next

Charlotte is now preparing to welcome her ‘miracle baby’, and went on: ‘‘I’m prepared to do this alone, but I’m not prepared to have my daughter have to grow up and not be able to say who her father is, or should I say, birth father, or hide it from her.’

‘She deserves to know where she comes from. I’m not a secret, she’s not a dirty secret. I won’t be silenced.’

‘I am standing up for myself regardless of if it comes back to me. I just can’t do this be quiet, and shut up anymore,’ she said.

Metro.co.uk has approached Conor’s reps for comment.

The Traitors is available to watch on BBC iPlayer.

Got a story?

If you’ve got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us celebtips@metro.co.uk, calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.



Ad Consultant
Business services

Post a Comment

0 Comments