Shaun Ryder, Janice Dickinson and more heading back Down Under for I’m A Celebrity All Stars as Ant and Dec confirm line-up of jungle favourites

I'm A Celebrity: South Africa line-up
We have our I’m A Celeb All Stars line-up! (Picture: I’m A Celebtity/Twitter)

We have our line-up for the all-stars version of I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! – and it’s a good one!

Ant McPartlin and Declan Donnelly confirmed last year that a whole host of jungle favourites would be returning for a very special series in South Africa, which will hit screens this spring.

Naturally, speculation has been rife over who will head back Down Under, with names including Katie Price and Gillian McKeith in the mix.

But now we have confirmation, as the Geordie duo made a very exciting announcement on Saturday Night Takeaway this weekend.

The line-up consists of: Carol Vorderman, Paul Burrell, Jordan Bango, Shaun Ryder, Helen Flanagan, Fatima Whitbread, Phil Tuffnel, Amir Khan, and Janice Dickinson.

Ant and Dec went on to give viewers an exclusive preview of what’s to come – and it looks dramatic to say the least.

Ant and Dec
The much-loved show returns with a whole host of jungle favourites facing their fears once more (Picture: ITV)
Are you excited for I’m A Celebrity: South Africa?Comment Now

There’ll be tears, tantrums, arguments and, of course, Bushtucker Trails, as the celebs compete to be crowned the first I’m A Celebrity Legend.

But they’ll have to fight for their right to remain in the camp, tackling their biggest fears, whether it’s snakes, water, confined spaces, or creepy crawlies.

Basically, it’s I’m A Celeb at its best, and we’re more than ready for the chaos.

So, let’s meet the celebrities taking part and find out what on Earth drew them to another stint in the jungle…

Amir Khan

Amir Khan
Amir Khan will probably be steering clear of the strawberries this time (Picture: REX/Shutterstock)

Former professional boxer Amir, 36, appeared on the 17th series of I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! in 2017.

It was not long before he found himself at the centre of controversy in the Australian jungle, when he and campmate comedian Iain Lee kept a prize won during a Dingo Dollar Challenge to themselves.

Amir and Iain found themselves embroiled in ‘Strawberry Gate’, after they devoured a prize of strawberries and cream instead of taking it back to camp to share with their fellow contestants.

After admitting what they had done, the boxer allowed Iain to take the heat from the others in the jungle and the fallout continued for days.

Ahead of appearing on the all-stars series, he said: ‘I’m determined this time not to be soft when it comes to the trials.’

Jordan Banjo

Jordan Banjo
Diversity’s Jordan Bango is heading back Down Under (Picture: ITV/REX/Shutterstock)

Jordan, one of the best-known stars of dance troupe Diversity, landed in the Australian jungle for the 16th series of I’m A Celebrity.

The 30-year-old became the fourth celebrity to leave the show in 2016.

Jordan, who also hosts the Kiss radio breakfast show alongside fellow Diversity member Perri Kiely, said: ‘How many people get the chance to do it twice?

‘A series with different campmates from over the years sounds pretty cool and my fellow Diversity dancers are excited to see me suffer again.’

Helen Flanagan

Helen Flanagan
Helen Flanagan became famous for quitting trials back in series 12 (Picture: ITV/REX/Shutterstock)

Former Coronation Street star Helen first took part in I’m A Celebrity more than a decade ago in its 12th series.

The 32-year-old actress, best known for playing Rosie Webster in the ITV soap, was voted to take part in her fair share of Bushtucker Trials due to her often squeamish reaction, which entertained audiences.

Helen, who finished in seventh place the first time around, said: ‘I am not saying I am going to go in and be a jungle warrior and be absolutely amazing because I will not.

‘Yes, I will be scared but I will have a go and I will be a lot better than last time.’

Carol Vorderman

Carol Vorderman
Will Carol Vorderman be crowned the first I’m A Celeb Legend? (Picture: ITV/REX/Shutterstock)

TV presenter and former Countdown star Carol took her first shot at I’m A Celebrity alongside Jordan in 2016.

The 62-year-old managed 19 days in the jungle before becoming the fifth contestant to be eliminated.

Speaking about participating in I’m A Celebrity… South Africa, Carol said: ‘Doing I’m A Celebrity changed me a lot and I can’t wait to take part in this new series.

‘I loved everything about I’m A Celebrity (the first time round).’

She also revealed: ‘We’ve still got a WhatsApp group (from 2016).’

Fatima Whitbread

Fatima Whitbread
Fatima Whitbread will be hoping for no cockroaches up her nose this time (Picture: ITV/REX/Shutterstock)

Former professional javelin thrower Fatima first appeared in the 11th series of I’m A Celebrity, and is remembered by many for ending up with a cockroach stuck up her nose after she was required to wear a helmet containing thousands of the insects as part of a Bushtucker Trial.

Fatima, 62, ultimately received assistance from the show’s medical team who used a syringe to flush water up her nose and remove not one but two critters, leaving the show’s presenters lost for words.

Two-time Olympic medal winner Fatima, who finished the 2011 series in third place, said: ‘I learnt a lot about myself in the Australian camp and I know there will be some life-size characters and life-size egos in South Africa too. But what a great experience it is going to be.’

Paul Burrell

Paul Burrell
Paul Burrell first competed in series four of the show (Picture: Brian Cassey/REX/Shutterstock)

Paul Burrell, the former butler to Diana, Princess of Wales, took part in the original format almost two decades ago during the show’s fourth series.

The 64-year-old came second after entertaining audiences with his animated facial expressions during the Bushtucker Bonanza trial, which saw him put his hand into a number of hidden holes filled with various creatures, from which he needed to retrieve stars to earn meals for camp.

Paul said: ‘I loved doing it the first time around and to be asked again is very special.

‘It’s like coming into the final of the jungle Olympics.

‘I had to eat kangaroo testicles in Australia and I am expecting everything to be bigger in South Africa.’

Phil Tufnell

Phil Tufnell
Phil Tufnell is the only winner heading back for round two (Picture: ITV/REX/Shutterstock)

Former professional cricketer Phil is the only former winner confirmed to be taking part in I’m A Celebrity… South Africa.

The 56-year-old was crowned king of the jungle during the second series of I’m A Celebrity… in 2003.

Ahead of his return as part of the all-stars season, Phil said: ‘I am one of the lucky few to have gone in the jungle and experienced it all and that’s what appealed to me when they phoned up to ask me to take part again. I said yes immediately.’

Janice Dickinson

Janice Dickinson
Will Janice Dickinson be able to beat her fears? (Picture: ITV/REX/Shutterstock)

American model and TV personality Janice proved herself as a feisty character during the seventh series of the show’s original format and ultimately came second in 2007.

During her time in the Australian jungle, 68-year-old Janice spent much of her time bickering with PR guru Lynne Franks.

She said: ‘I’m coming back for more fun, more camaraderie and to see if I can get along with everyone.

‘You never know what’s going to jump up.’

Shaun Ryder

Shaun Ryder
Let’s hope for no more snake bites for Shaun Ryder! (Picture: ITV/REX/Shutterstock)

The final celebrity confirmed for the series is Happy Mondays star Shaun, who took his first shot at the jungle in 2010, ultimately coming second in the 10th series.

The 60-year-old said: ‘All I can remember about the trials is eating a lot of penises, testicles and eyeballs.’

He added: ‘I could have stayed another year in Australia. I loved living outside in the camp and I had a proper laugh with my fellow celebrities.

‘I know going to South Africa will be a great adventure. I can’t wait to do it.’

Speaking about the upcoming series, Ant said: ‘It’s a question we always get asked, “Who would you bring back to the jungle?”

‘So, to get this opportunity to make a brand new show in South Africa and put some of our previous campmates through their paces again was the dream.’

Dec added: ‘It’s bigger and wilder than we could have hoped for so viewers are in for a real treat!’

I’m A Celebrity… South Africa will air on ITV1 and ITVX at the end of April.

Got a story?

If you’ve got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us celebtips@metro.co.uk, calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.

MORE : Love Island’s Faye Winter struggled to get out of bed after breaking up with Teddy Soares

MORE : The Apprentice’s Victoria Goulbourne considered ‘selling business’ after Lord Sugar’s brutal ‘hobby’ comment



Top rated Digital marketing. From $30 Business growth strategy Hello! I am Sam, a Facebook blueprint certified marketer. Expert in Facebook Ads, Instagram Ads, Google Ads, YouTube Ads, and SEO. I use SEMrush and other tools for data-driven research. I can build million-dollar marketing strategy for your business.
Learn more

Post a Comment

0 Comments