What to write in a Mother’s Day card – poems and quotes

A card for mother's day.
Mother’s Day is nearly here (Picture: Getty Images)

It’s nearly Mother’s Day and you know what that means – it’s time for you procrastinators out there to get it together and get your lovely mum and/or favourite maternal figure in your life a card to say how much you appreciate everything they’ve done for you.

Mother’s Day is is an excuse to shower your ma with attention and remind her of how grateful you are for the part she played in raising you up to be the person you are today.

Even if coronavirus is keeping you from seeing your mum in person, here are some quotes and poems that you can send her to let her know you’re thinking of her.

Mother’s Day messages and quotes

‘She was of the stuff of which great men’s mothers are made. She was indispensable to high generation, feared at tea-parties, hated in shops, and loved at crises.’ – Thomas Hardy

‘A little girl, asked where her home was, replied, “where mother is”.’ – Keith L. Brooks

‘Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother.’ – Oprah Winfrey

‘All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That’s his.’ – Oscar Wilde

I remember my mother’s prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life – Abraham Lincoln

All I am I owe to my mother – George Washington

Mothers are like glue. Even when you can’t see them, they’re still holding the family together – Susan Gale

Mother’s Day poems

I Love You Mother

I Love You Mother
You are so special and kind
And I love you so
You helped to build my mind
And I want you to know.
The thought of you by me
Just makes me smile.
We are so close
Forever and not just a while.
I appreciate you mother
And I love all your style.

By Nicole Ruddock

Thank God for our Mothers

If life were without water, where would we be?
If life were without mothers,
There would be no you or me.
We all need to take hold, of how precious life really is, and not take for granted the gift of love and the ability to give.
Thank you to God for creating us all
For giving us our mothers
So we can stand proud and tall.
Humans are no accident, no mistake or error
We sometimes live our lives in fear of this,
Even to the point of terror.
But when the truth is told, and recognised by all, God does not create rubbish.
He knew what he was doing when he created me and you, but the best gift of all, is giving us loving, caring Mothers who love us unconditionally through and through.
None of us are perfect, that includes ourselves and family.
Hold onto how precious we are and thank God for our mothers.
Amen

By Julia Hunt

God’s Gift
My Mother is a special gift,
A special gift that God gave to me.
I’d be lost and lonely without her,
If God took her away you see.
I love her so very much,
That I couldn’t bear to live without her healing touch.
Thank-you God for giving me such a loving Mother,
For I wouldn’t want to be a part of no other.

By Melanie Reid

From To My Mother
Because I feel that, in the Heavens above,
The angels, whispering to one another,
Can find, among their burning terms of love,
None so devotional as that of “Mother,”
Therefore by that dear name I long have called you—
You who are more than mother unto me

By Edgar Allen Poe

From Mother, A Cradle to Hold Me

It is true
I was created in you.
It is also true
That you were created for me.
I owned your voice.
It was shaped and tuned to soothe me.
Your arms were molded
Into a cradle to hold me, to rock me.
The scent of your body was the air
Perfumed for me to breathe.
Mother,
During those early, dearest days
I did not dream that you had
A large life which included me,
For I had a life
Which was only you

By Maya Angelou

Follow Metro across our social channels, on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

Share your views in the comments below.

MORE: Lidl gives thousands of bunches of Mother’s Day flowers to NHS workers to thank them for their work in the coronavirus pandemic

MORE: Can you still get deliveries in time for Mother’s Day amid coronavirus chaos?



source https://metro.co.uk/2020/03/21/write-mothers-day-card-poems-messages-quotes-12435564/?ITO=squid
Top rated Digital marketing. From $30 Business growth strategy Hello! I am Sam, a Facebook blueprint certified marketer. Expert in Facebook Ads, Instagram Ads, Google Ads, YouTube Ads, and SEO. I use SEMrush and other tools for data-driven research. I can build million-dollar marketing strategy for your business.
Learn more

Post a Comment

0 Comments