Woman says vegetable peeler is the perfect time-saving tool for stripping paint

Woman uses vegetable peeler to strip paint off stair bannisters in clever time saving hack
She says it did the job in half the time (Picture: Extreme Budget DIY & Life Hacks)

When DIY fan Sue was trying to sand the paint off her bannister, she realised it was going to take a long time.

But spotting her vegetable peeler in a kitchen drawer, she had an idea to use it to take the paint off.

Amazingly it worked and she says that it helped her do the pain-staking job in half the time.

Posting on Extreme Budget DIY and Life hacks, she said: ‘

‘After spending hours sanding and peeling a number of layers of my upstairs bannister.

‘I was about to give up. I then saw my veg peeler in the drawer!!!!!!

‘I cannot believe how quickly I’ve got two stair bannister done. I’ve saved a fortune.’

Woman uses vegetable peeler to strip paint off stair bannisters in clever time saving hack
She just pulled it along the wood to peel the paint off and then sanded the whole thing down (Picture: Extreme Budget DIY & Life Hacks)

Other people loved the hack and said they were inspired to give it a go.

‘Genius idea,’ one person said.

Another added: ‘ Omg I’m so doing this.’

‘OMG I’ve been on at my other have to do this for ages !! Next weekend I’m going to start,’ another poster said.

Sue said that she sanded the surfaces afterwards to prevent splinters but the peeler did the work of removing the paint.

She’s now planning to use it in other places, with her skirting boards next on the list.

It’s not the first time someone has come up with a new use for the kitchen tool.

Earlier this week, a mum revealed that she uses a peeler to perfectly slice cheese every time.

She pulls it along the side to quickly cut a block of cheese.

MORE: Mum reveals how she makes homemade pizza in her slow cooker

MORE: Mum reveals simple hack to stop kids spilling milk and making a mess



source https://metro.co.uk/2020/02/20/woman-says-vegetable-peeler-perfect-time-saving-tool-striping-paint-12273040/
Top rated Digital marketing. From $30 Business growth strategy Hello! I am Sam, a Facebook blueprint certified marketer. Expert in Facebook Ads, Instagram Ads, Google Ads, YouTube Ads, and SEO. I use SEMrush and other tools for data-driven research. I can build million-dollar marketing strategy for your business.
Learn more

Post a Comment

0 Comments